Mark Hochmuth, Ph.D.
- Marquette University
- Michigan State University
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- American Psychological Association
- National Association of School Psychologists
- Wisconsin School Psychologists Association
- Milwaukee Area Psychologists Association
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy with Children, Adolescents and Adults
- Psychological Assessments and Evaluations
- Relaxation training for anxiety disorders
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity evaluations including use of continuous performance computer software
- Special education consultation and advocacy
- Treatment of anger management, anxiety, post-traumatic stress, and depression
- Marriage and relationship issues
- Executive functioning disorders
- Treatment of individuals whose lives are affected by another's borderline personality
For the past 25 years I've been working as both a school psychologist and in an outpatient environment, in the schools I've worked on assessment, evaluation, and programming of students identified with specific learning disabilities, emotional and behavioral disabilities, cognitive disabilities, and autism. In the clinical environment I have worked with families of children exhibiting many of the same difficulties. I understand the importance of families working closely with school personnel to maximize the outcomes for their children. I also worked with a number of adult clients exhibiting symptoms of depression, anxiety, difficulties controlling anger, and marital conflict.
My basic philosophy is to help clients understand the relationships between their behavior, thoughts, and feelings. With a better understanding of the underlying issues clients are better able to make positive choices regarding their own behavior. I utilize a strength-based approach which allows clients to maximize their use of their positive personal attributes.